I am a PostDoctoral researcher at the National Technical University of Athens under the supervision of Prof. Petros Maragos. I am also a research associate at the Athena Research and Innovation Center. I work at the crossroads of computer vision and audio processing for affective computing. Some of my most recent endeavors include body emotion recognition, visual emotion translation, and 3D visual speech-aware facial expression reconstruction.
- Visual Speech-Aware Perceptual 3D Facial Expression Reconstruction from VideosarXiv preprint arXiv:2207.11094 2022
- Neural Emotion Director: Speech-preserving semantic control of facial expressions in "in-the-wild" videosIn Proceedings of the IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) (Oral - Best Paper Finalist) 2022
- An Audiovisual Child Emotion Recognition System for Child-Robot Interaction ApplicationsIn European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO) 2021
- Emotion understanding in videos through body, context, and visual-semantic embedding lossIn European Conference on Computer Vision Workshops (ECCVW) 2020
- Fusing body posture with facial expressions for joint recognition of affect in child–robot interactionIEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2019
- Video-realistic expressive audio-visual speech synthesis for the Greek languageSpeech Communication 2017